Local Political Subdivisions:
The Louisiana Public Bid Law (La. R. S. 38:2211-2296) is applicable to all political subdivisions.
The following Other Procurement Methods are also authorized for all political subdivisions:
- State Contracts: Purchases may be made from state procurement contracts, which may be available, without the necessity of bidding. (La. R. S. 39: 1702). Purchases cannot be made directly from federal GSA contracts.
- State Contracts through Local Dealer: Purchases may be made from state procurement contracts which may be available, without the necessity of bidding and may be bought through a local vendor selling the exact same product. (La. R. S. 39:1710).
- Piggy Back Purchases: Purchasing can be done jointly with other political subdivisions or purchase can be made under a viable contract entered by another Louisiana public entity of the vendor consents (La. R. S. 33:1321).
- Homeland Security: (La. R. S. 38:2212.6) authorizes purchases from GSA for Homeland Security subject to prior approval from the Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, purchase from a Louisiana distributor, and use of the GSA competitive ordering procedures.
- Procurement Codes: 39:1551-1736
- Insurance Requirements: 39:1527-1546
- Data Processing: 39:196-200
- Professional Services: 39: 1481-1526
- Lease Purchases: 39:1761
- Late Payments: 39:1695
- Advertisements of Bids: 43:111-211
- Printing: 43:1-34
The following additional Louisiana Laws are applicable to both Local Political Subdivisions and State Agencies:
- Public Works: 38: 2211-2296
- Public Records: 44:1-41
- Code of Ethics: 42:1101-1170