The Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP) continues to look for new resources to assist those impacted by the 2020 hurricanes. Now, several public sessions on 10 different recovery topics are available for viewing at www.getagameplan.org.
The Virtual Disaster Resource Info Sessions is a series of information sessions that provide vital information on programs, resources, and services available to an individual or family impacted by the disasters in Louisiana, including hurricanes Laura, Delta and Zeta. These virtual information sessions are a collaboration between federal, state and local agencies, along with other community partners.
The info sessions cover these 10 topics:
- Services Offered by the Calcasieu Parish Human Services Department
- Finding the Right Services for You: Health and Human Services
- Louisiana Department of Insurance: After the Storm
- Louisiana Housing Corporation Approach to Disaster Recovery Efforts
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Individual Assistance Programs and Services
- Disaster Recovery and Resiliency Assistance Available from the Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Housing Rights and Resources After a Disaster
- Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Multifamily and Single-Family Programs and Services
- HUD Public Housing Programs and Process
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Programs and Services
“The 2020 hurricane season included a number of new challenges for Louisiana,” said GOHSEP Director Jim Waskom. “Even as we head in a new hurricane season, recovery for those impacted by Laura, Delta and Zeta remains a top priority. The recovery phase often become very complicated. We encourage anyone looking for information to utilize these products and continue moving forward. Also, we ask everyone to review the other information on GetAGamePlan.org to prepare for the 2021 hurricane season on any other potential emergency the state may face.”
Find more tips on weather and preparedness on GOHSEP’s Facebook and Twitter accounts. Listen to conversations on all aspects of emergency management by downloading GOHSEP’s The Get A Game Plan Podcast. You can receive emergency alerts on most smartphones and tablets by downloading the new Alert FM App. It is free for basic service. The Get A Game Plan App is another resource available to help you and your family prepare for any type of emergency. You can download the Louisiana Emergency Preparedness Guide and find other information at www.getagameplan.org.
Click here to view release.